• If the moisture inside the drum is not removed well after the use, it can cause odor or stains
(Mold). After using the washer, keep the door open until the moisture inside the drum dries up.
• Only use this feature when instructed to do so by the call center.
The transmission sounds similar to a fax machine, and so has no meaning except to the call center.
• SMARTDIAGNOSIS™ cannot be activated if the washer does not power up.
If this happens, then troubleshooting must be done without SMARTDIAGNOSIS™.
If you experience problems with your washer, call to Customer Information Center.
Follow the call center agent's instructions, and do the following steps when requested:
Max. 10 mm
3. Press and hold the "Temp." button for three seconds, while holding the phone mouthpiece to the icon
or Power button.
4. Keep the phone in place until the tone transmission has finished.
This takes about 17 seconds, and the display will count down the time.
• For best results, do not move the phone while the tones are being transmitted.
• If the call center agent is not able to get an accurate recording of the data, you may be asked to try again.
• Pressing the Power button during the transmission will shut off the SMARTDIAGNOSIS™.
5. Once the countdown is over and the tones have stopped, resume your conversation with the call
center agent, who will then be able to assist you using the information transmitted for analysis at the
call to Customer information center.
❋ Smart Diagnosis is a troubleshooting feature designed to assist, not replace, the traditional method of
troubleshooting through service calls. The effectiveness of this feature depends upon various factors,
including, but not limited to, the reception of the cellular phone being used for transmission, any
external noise that may be present during the transmission, and the acoustics of the room where the
machine is located. Accordingly, LG does not guarantee that Smart Diagnosis would accurately
troubleshoot any given issue.
1. Press the Power button to turn on the washer.
Do not press any other buttons or turn the cycle
2. When instructed to do so by the call center, place
the mouthpiece of your phone very close to the