Insert the power plug into the accessory outlet of your vehicle or other 12 volt DC
Make sure the spotlight is OFF and the Trigger Switch is in the OFF position
Allow approximately 3-4 hours charging time.
Recharge until the green Battery Charge Level Indicator LED lights.
Make sure the DC source (jump-starter, battery pack, vehicle accessory outlet, etc.) is
12 volt DC. The DC source should be able to supply at least one-half amp at
12 volt DC for 10 hours. This means a battery pack should be charged with at least
5 amp hours capacity.
One part is user replaceable. The quartz halogen bulb is proprietary and is
available through Vector. A substitute 6 volt H3 55 watt bulb may be used in place
of a existing bulb. These can be purchased from popular automotive parts suppliers
nationwide. For replacement parts and any additional information you may need,
contact Technical Support at (800) 618-5178.
RUBBER GUARD COVER
Spotlight Bulb Replacement
To replace the H3 type 6 volt bulb you will need a small Phillips type screwdriver and
a replacement bulb (Vector Part VEC193). Bulb life may be shortened by installing a
bulb with dirt or fingerprints on it. The bulb can be wiped clean with a cloth
moistened with alcohol. During bulb installation, avoid touching the glass part of the
bulb (see Figures 2A and 2B for details).
1. Disconnect the unit from any charging adapters.
2. Push the rubber bezel forward toward the front of the spotlight to reveal two small
Phillips screws in the retaining ring.
3. Using the screwdriver, remove (counterclockwise) the two screws. Set them aside.
4. Lift off the retaining ring, glass lens and rubber "O" ring and set them aside.
5. Carefully remove the reflector and bulb assembly (see Figures 2A and 2B).
6. Disconnect the bulb wire from the red power wire.
7. Unsnap the hairpin retaining wires from the reflector's flange.
8. Using the screwdriver, loosen the retaining screw to remove the bulb from the
reflector (no need to completely remove this screw).
9. Lift out the bulb and detach wire.
10. Insert the replacement bulb into the reflector's flange.
11. Put back and secure the hairpin retaining wires.
12. Connect the bulb power wire to the red power wire.
13. Tighten the retaining screw on the flange.
14. Place the reflector in position in the body of the spotlight.
15. Replace the rubber "O" ring in the groove around the perimeter of the reflector.
16. Replace glass and retaining ring so that the screw holes are aligned.
17. Secure retaining ring with two screws.
18. Replace the rubber bezel
19. Depress the Trigger Switch to ensure proper operation of spotlight.
To reduce the risk of electric shock only replace bulb with 55 watt 6
volt H3 bulb only.
Figures 2A & 2B
Battery should last the service life of the unit. Contact Technical Support at (800)
618-5178 for any information you may need.
Safe Battery Disposal
Contains a maintenance-free, sealed, non-spillable, lead acid
battery, which must be disposed of properly. Recycling is required
— contact your local authority for information. Failure to comply
with local, state and federal regulations can result in fines or
imprisonment. For more information on recycling this battery,
call toll-free (877) 288-7722.