SAFETY GUIDELINES - DEFINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual.
The information it contains relates to protecting YOUR SAFETY and PREVENTING
PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help you recognize this information.
result in death or serious injury.
could result in death or serious injury.
result in minor or mod er ate injury.
Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous
situation which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS APPLIANCE.
the warnings and instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or
California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm such as asbestos
and lead in lead based paint.
• Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
• Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been
dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
• Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord
around sharp edges or corners. Do not run appliance over cord. Keep cord away from
• Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Do not handle charger, including charger plug, and charger terminals with wet hands.
• Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free
of dust,lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
• Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and
• Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
• Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids, such as gasoline, or use in
areas where they may be present.
• Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or
• Do not use without dust bag and/or filters in place.
• Do not charge the unit outdoors.
• Use only the charger supplied by the manufacturer to recharge.
• Do not incinerate the appliance even if it is severely damaged. The batteries can
explode in a fire.
• This appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial or industrial use.
• Shock Hazard. To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not put unit or charging
base in water or other liquid.
• Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of a table or counter or touch hot surfaces. The
unit should be placed or mounted away from sinks and hot surfaces.
• Plug the charger directly into an electrical outlet.
• Use the charger only in a standard electrical outlet (120V/60Hz).
• Unplug the charger from outlet before any routine cleaning or maintenance.
• This product includes rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries. Do not incinerate batteries as
they will explode at high temperatures.
Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
Indicates a potentially haz a rd o us situation which, if not avoided, may
Read all safety warnings and all instructions. Failure to follow
Some household dust contains chemicals known to the State of
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury:
To reduce the risk of electric shock – Do not use outdoors or on wet