Used for viewing 3D video. (Only 3D models)
(Depending on model)
Network connection is required to use the voice recognition function.
1 Press the voice recognition button.
2 Speak when the voice display window appears on the TV screen.
• Use the Magic Remote no further than 10 cm from your face.
• The voice recognition may fail when you speak too fast or too
• The recognition rate may vary depending on the user's
characteristics (voice, pronunciation, intonation, and speed) and
the environment (noise and TV volume).
(Q. Settings) Accesses the Quick Settings.
* Pressing and holding the
Coloured buttons These access special functions in some menus.
Teletext buttons (
Recalls your preferred subtitle in digital mode.
Registering magic remote
How to register the magic remote
To use the Magic Remote, first pair it with your TV.
1 Put batteries into the Magic Remote and turn the TV on.
2 Point the Magic Remote at your TV and press the
the remote control.
* If the TV fails to register the Magic Remote, try again after turning
the TV off and back on.
How to deregister the magic remote
five seconds, to unpair the Magic Remote with your TV.
* Pressing and holding the
ister Magic Remote at once.
button displays the Advanced
) These buttons are used for
Wheel (OK) on
(HOME) buttons at the same time, for
button will let you cancel and re-reg-
How to use magic remote
• Shake the Magic Remote slightly to the right and left or press
buttons to make the pointer
appear on the screen.
(In some TV models, the pointer will appear when you turn the
Wheel (OK) button.)
• If the pointer has not been used for a certain period of time or
Magic Remote is placed on a flat surface, then the pointer will
• If the pointer is not responding smoothly, you can reset the pointer
by moving it to the edge of the screen.
• The Magic Remote depletes batteries faster than a normal remote
due to the additional features.
Precautions to take when using the
• Use the remote control within the specified range (within 10 m).
You may experience communication failures when using the device
outside the coverage area or if there are obstacles within the
• You may experience communication failures depending on the
Devices such as a microwave oven and wireless LAN operate in the
same frequency band (2.4 GHz) as the Magic Remote. This may
cause communication failures.
• The Magic Remote may not work properly if a wireless router (AP)
is within 1 meter of the TV.
Your wireless router should be more than 1 m away from the TV.
• Do not disassemble or heat the battery.
• Do not drop the battery. Avoid extreme shocks to the battery.
• Inserting the battery in the wrong way may result in explosion.