This equipment includes MF/HF transceiver, Class-A DSC and DSC watch keeping receiver required
as the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS). It is designed as a separated
transceiver and small, lightweight controller(s) for easy installation not only in SOLAS Convention
ships such as international passenger ships and freight ships of 300 tons or more, but also
non-conventional ships of less than 300 tons.
As for the main communication function, in addition to the communications of radiotelephone with the
handset and the Morse communication with the CW keyer, calling by digital selective calling (DSC) for
a general or distress communication are possible. Furthermore, if the data terminal is connected to the
controller, the telex communication in the ARQ or FEC mode using the NBDP is available.
● Compliant with the ITU Radio Regulations (RR), the IMO performance standards, and the ITU-R
● Contains all channels specified in the ITU Radio Regulations (RR).
● The separately designed controller and main unit enable easy installation in limited or difficult
● A semi-transmissive LCD with a wide viewing angle is easily viewable even in direct light or when
backlit and allows it to be installed in a variety of positions.
● The backlights of the LCD and operation keys are fully adjustable, preventing interference with
night watch keeping.
● When in distress, the DSC can send a distress message with the expanded position data accurate
up to 1/10000 of a minute for both latitude and longitude to make search and rescue operations by
the RCC easier.
● High-quality stable operation is possible by using DSP technology on a transceiver with a
● The DSC operates in Class A mode suitable for all areas, and in Class B mode limited to ships
navigating in A1 and A2 areas.
● An advanced digital audio amplifier with a built-in loud speaker provides a maximum of 5 W of
● The maintenance and the check can be easily done at daily or the regular services, because a
special function key was prepared for the DSC safety test calling and the self-diagnosis.
● It is possible to operate on the screen with the character color and the background color
corresponding to the favor because the data terminal for the telex communication by NBDP
adopted the color liquid crystal display of the wide viewing angle in high brightness.
● Besides printers and GPS, other peripherals such as the remote maintenance system (RMS) can
be connected to the equipment.
1. EQUIPMENT OVERVIEW