The units in this manual contain a self-diagnostic function. If an error occurs, the STANDBY/TIMER LED will automatically begin to ﬂ ash. The number of
times the LED ﬂ ashes translates to a probable source of the problem. A deﬁ nition of the STANDBY/TIMER LED ﬂ ash indicators is listed in the instruction
manual for the user's knowledge and reference. If an error symptom cannot be reproduced, the Remote Commander can be used to review the failure
occurrence data stored in memory to reveal past problems and how often these problems occur.
Diagnostic Test Indicators
When an error occurs, the STANDBY/TIMER LED will ﬂ ash a set number of times to indicate the possible cause of the problem. If there is more than one
error, the LED will identify the ﬁ rst of the problem areas.
Results for all of the following diagnostic items are displayed on screen. If the screen displays a "0", an error has occurred.
Power does not turn on
+B overcurrent (OCP)*
Vertical deflection stopped*
White balance failure
* If a +B overcurrent is detected stoppage of the vertical deﬂ ection is detected simultaneously.
The symptom that is diagnosed ﬁ rst by the microcontroller is displayed on the screen.
** Refer to Screen (G2) Adjustments in Section 2-4. of this manual.
Display of Standby/Timer LED Flash Count
LED ON 0.3 sec.
LED OFF 0.3 sec.
White Balance Failure
*One ﬂ ash count is not used for self-diagnostic.
Stopping the Standby/Timer LED Flash
Turn off the power switch on the TV main unit or unplug the power cord from the outlet to stop the STANDBY/TIMER LAMP from ﬂ ashing.
Self-Diagnostic Screen Display
For errors with symptoms such as "power sometimes shuts off" or "screen sometimes goes out" that cannot be conﬁ rmed, it is possible to bring up past
occurrences of failure on the screen for conﬁ rmation.
No. of Times
Does not light
2:0 or 2:1
4:0 or 4:1
:0 or 5:1
• Power cord is not plugged in.
• Fuse is burned out. (F601) (A Board)
• H.OUT (Q502) is shorted. (A Board)
• IC702 is shorted. (CB Board)
• +12V is not supplied. (A Board)
• IC502 is faulty. (A Board)
• Video OUT (IC502) is faulty. (A Board)
• IC1301 is faulty. (MB Board)
• Screen (G2) is improperly adjusted.**
• Power does not come on.
• No power is supplied to the TV.
• AC power supply is faulty.
• Power does not come on.
• Load on power line is shorted.
• Has entered standby state after horizontal raster.
• Vertical deflection pulse is stopped.
• Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped.
• No raster is generated.
• CRT cathode current detection reference
pulse output is small.