Dynamic Convergence Adjustment
Before performing this adjustment, perform Horizontal and Vertical Static
1. Slightly loosen deﬂ ection yoke screw.
2. Remove deﬂ ection yoke spacers.
3. Move the deﬂ ection yoke for best convergence as shown:
R G B B G R
4 Tighten the deﬂ ection yoke screw.
5. Install the deﬂ ection yoke spacers.
TLH Plate Adjustment
1. Input crosshatch pattern.
2. Adjust PICTURE QUALITY to standard, PICTURE and BRIGHTNESS
to 50%, and OTHER to standard.
3. Adjust the Horizontal Convergence of red and blue dots by tilting the
TLH plate on the deﬂ ection yoke.
4. Adjust XCV core to balance X axis.
5. Adjust YCH VR to balance Y axis.
B G R
R G B
B G R R G B
R G B
1. Afﬁ x a permalloy assembly corresponding to the misconverged areas.
1. Adjust FOCUS control for best picture.
2-4. SCREEN (G2)
1. Input dot pattern from the pattern generator.
2. Set the PICTURE and BRIGHTNESS controls at minimum and
COLOR control at normal.
3. Adjust SBRT , GCUT, BCUT in service mode with an oscilloscope as
shown below so that voltages on the red, green, and blue cathodes
are 170 VDC.
170 + 4.0 Vdc
4. Observe the screen and adjust SCREEN (G2) VR in FBT to obtain the
faintly visible background of dot signal.