Installation of drivers in Windows XP 32 bit, Vista/7/8/8.1 32/64 bit
1) Make sure you are logged in as "Administrator" on the notebook/tablet/PC you want to connect to the
2) Download the corresponding installation software from www.dicota.com/smart-dock
3) Run the downloaded file "Setup.exe"
4) Select the installation language
5) Follow the instructions on the screen until the installation is complete
6) The monitor may be flashing during the installation of the drivers – this is a standard process
7) After the completion of the installation we recommend restarting the notebook/tablet/PC
Installation of drivers in Mac OS X
1) Download the corresponding installation software from www.dicota.com/smart-dock to the MacBook/iMac*
you want to connect to the docking station
2) Run the downloaded file "DisplayLink_MacOSX.dmg"
3) Decompress the file on the desktop of your MacBook/iMac* as a virtual disc
4) Select "Drivers" and then "DisplayLink Software Installer"
5) Select the installation language
6) Follow the instructions on the screen until the installation is complete
7) The monitor may be flashing during the installation of the drivers – this is a standard process
8) After the completion of the installation we recommend restarting the MacBook/iMac*
*The trademarks mentioned belong to the respective manufacturers
1) Connect the power adapter to the docking station and plug it into an electrical outlet - power indication LED of the
docking station (see illustration on page 3) will light up
2) Turn on the notebook/tablet/PC
3) Plug the delivered USB 3.0 A – B cable to the USB port type B on the pack panel of the docking station and
connect the other side of the cable to any free USB 3.0/2.0 port of your notebook/tablet/PC
4) Subsequently, the automatic installation of the ports will start
5) After the completion of the initial installation, restart the notebook/tablet/PC
6) Connect the peripheral devices to the Smart Dock USB 3.0 (see illustration on page 3)
In case you are connecting a newer device which is equipped with a USB-C port, you may use the included USB-C to USB
Adapter to connect your notebook/tablet/PC to the docking station.
Frequently asked questions:
Question: I have a problem with detecting the USB 3.0 docking station in the USB 3.0 port of my notebook/tablet/PC.
Answer: The problem may be caused by outdated drivers for the USB 3.0 port of your notebook/tablet/PC. Please install
the most recent drivers which can be downloaded from www.dicota.com/smart-dock
Question: After the update of the operating system on my notebook/tablet/PC the equipment stopped functioning. In
the previous version it worked without problems.
Answer: Please install the most recent drivers which can be downloaded from www.dicota.com/smart-dock
Question: I am using Mac OS X and the audio output is not functioning.
Answer: The current drivers for Mac OS X do not support audio when the equipment is connected to the USB 3.0 port.
Audio can be used only when the equipment is connected to the USB 2.0 port.
Question: The equipment will not charge a smartphone/tablet.
Answer: Unfortunately, despite the European standard on compatibility of charging equipment, some manufacturers protect
their products and these can be charged only with the original/licensed charging adapter.
For more information and recent drivers please visit www.dicota.com/smart-dock.