FOR SAFE AND EFFICIENT OPERATION
WARNING: DO NOT USE NEAR CURTAINS OR OTHER COMBUSTIBLE MATERIALS. DO
NOT LEAVE THIS APPLIANCE UNATTENDED WHILE IN USE.
CAUTION: DO NOT IMMERSE THIS APPLIANCE IN LIQUID.
Carefully read these instructions before using this appliance for the first time.
• Keep this appliance out of reach of young children. This appliance is not intended for
use by young children or infirm persons without supervision. Young children must be
supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
• Do not immerse appliance in water. Electrical shock or malfunction may result.
• Caution: This kettle should be used with a residual current device (safety switch) to
lessen the risk of scalding or other injury from hot water that may be ejected if the
heating element ruptures. Disregard this notice if your home is fitted with a residual
current safety switch.
• Caution: Do not fill this kettle beyond the maximum water level. Boiling water may be
ejected. Do not fill kettle while it is on the power base. Do not under fill as damage to
the element may result.
• Do not operate this kettle on an inclined surface. Do not move the kettle while it is
• Do not damage the mains lead. A damaged supply cord must be replaced by the
manufacturer, its service agent or a suitably qualified person in order to avoid a
• Do not let a supply cord hang over the edge of a table or counter.
• Unplug from the mains supply when not in use.
• An appliance dropped or damaged should not be used until examined by a service
• Use this appliance only for its intended use. This appliance is for household use only
and not for commercial or industrial use.
• This appliance must be connected to a suitable 230-240V ~ 50 Hz earthed supply.
• Do not attempt to service this appliance yourself. Refer service to qualified service
• No liability can be accepted for any damage caused by non-compliance with these
instructions or any improper use or mishandling.
• Do not operate this kettle with lid open.