The operation of your Mediamaster is based on a series of user-friendly on-screen displays
and menus. These menus will help you get the most from your Mediamaster. In addition,
they will guide you through installation, channel selection, viewing and many other func-
All functions can be carried out using the buttons on the remote control, and some of the
functions can also be carried out using the buttons on the front panel.
Please notice that new software may change the functionality of the Mediamaster.
Should you experience any difficulties with the operation of your Mediamaster, please con-
sult the relevant section of this guide or contact your dealer or Service Provider.
Before using the mediamaster
Read this before using the Mediamaster
• Allow 10 cm of space around the Mediamaster for sufficient ventilation.
• Do not cover the Mediamaster's ventilation openings with items such as newspapers,
tablecloths, curtains, etc.
• Do not place the Mediamaster on top of a heat-emitting unit.
• Do not place naked flame sources, such as lit candles, on the Mediamaster.
• Use a soft cloth and a mild solution of washing-up liquid to clean the casing.
• Do not expose the Mediamaster to dripping or splashing liquids.
• Do not place any objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the Mediamaster.
• To give your Mediamaster extra protection, e.g., at a thunderstorm, we recommend
that you connect it via an external surge protection device.
• Do not connect or modify cables when the Mediamaster is plugged in.
• Do not remove the casing.
• Do not allow the unit to be exposed to hot, cold or humid conditions.
• Service should be carried out only at a Nokia Authorised Service Centre.
• Please note that the only way to isolate the Mediamaster completely from the
mains supply is to unplug the mains cable!