PVR (Personal Video Recording)
To describe this, let us say that the phone starts to ring while you
are watching TV. You do not want to miss anything of the pro-
gramme, so you decide to do a pause recording while you answer
• While watching TV, just press the
• The picture will freeze and no sound will be heard.
• The recording starts and the right-hand menu appears on the TV
To watch the pause recording
Now, 10 minutes later, when you return after having finished the
phone call, the situation is like this:
• A frozen picture on the TV and no sound.
Of course, you would now like to watch the pause recording that
contains your missing 10 minutes.
• You start the playback of the pause recording by pressing
NOTE: Recording is still in progress.
To turn off the pause recording
• Keep on watching the playback until the programme is finished.
• Press the
button to turn off the pause recording.
• This pause recording is now turned off and automatically stored
in the "Erasable" Bookmark in the "Recordings" folder. The name
of the recording is "Pause Rec".
More about using the button during a Pause recording
As mentioned above, a second press on the
the playback of an ongoing Pause recording.
But if you do not want to be 10 minutes behind the live transmis-
sion of the programme? It is possible to have a quick look at what
has been recorded during the phone call. And at the same time fi-
nally reach the direct transmission of the programme.
• Start the playback of the ongoing Pause recording by pressing
• Press ok.
• From the menu that appears on the screen you can change the
playback speed 2, 3 or 20 times the normal speed.
• The time indication in the information window in the right cor-
ner of the screen will now start counting backwards. This indi-
cates the remaining time until you reach the real transmission.
• If anything of interest seems to be going on, press ok again and
select normal speed. You can also select to play backwards.
Remember, the recording is still going on. It will not stop until you
button will start
Indicates an ongoing