18 DR-Z400SMK5 ('05-MODEL)
INNER TUBE AND OUTER TUBE
• Inspect the inner tube for scratches. If it has scratches,
replace it with a new one.
• Inspect the outer tube for dent. If it is dented all the way to the
inner side, replace it with a new one.
• Measure the inner tube runout using the V-blocks and dial
Inner tube runout
Service Limit: 0.4 mm (0.02 in)
09900-20607: Dial gauge (1/100 mm)
09900-20701: Magnetic stand
• Inspect the damper rod assembly for scratches or bending. If
it has scratches or is bent, replace it with a new one.
• Measure the free length of front fork spring.
Service Limit: 441 mm (17.36 in)