Slide the ON/STANDBY switch to
Press either of the REC START/STOP button.
The recording lamps light up during recording.
To stop the movie recording, press the REC START/STOP button again.
• When the access lamp is lit or flashing in red, your camcorder is reading or writing data on recording
media. Do not shake or apply strong force to your camcorder, do not turn the power off, and do not
remove the recording media, battery pack or the AC Adaptor. The image data may be destroyed.
• See page 93 on the recording time of movies.
• Your camcorder can record a movie for about 13 hours continuously.
• If a movie file size exceeds 2 GB while recording in DV or AVCHD format, the camcorder automatically
divides the file and creates a new one.
• The menu settings saved when you turn the camcorder off. The access lamp lights up while the settings
are being stored. If you remove the battery pack or the AC Adaptor before turning off the power, the
settings may return to the default settings.
• When recording at a setting other than standard image quality (DV), the aspect ratio is fixed to 16:9.
When recording in DV mode, you can switch the aspect ratio to 4:3 ([
• You can change the screen display during recording (p. 51).
• Indicators displayed on the LCD screen during recording are shown on page 11.
• The recording lamps can be set to stay off ([REC LAMP], p. 77).
(ON) while pressing the green button.
WIDE REC], p. 68).