• Do not throw anything at the TV set. The
screen glass may break by the impact and
cause serious injury.
• If the surface of the TV set cracks, do not
touch it until you have unplugged the AC
power cord. Otherwise electric shock
When not in use
• If you will not be using the TV set for
several days, the TV set should be
disconnected from the AC power for
environmental and safety reasons.
• As the TV set is not disconnected from
the AC power when the TV set is just
turned off, pull the plug from the AC
power outlet to disconnect the TV set
• However, some TV sets may have
features that require the TV set to be left
in standby to work correctly.
• Do not allow children to climb on the TV
• Keep small accessories out of the reach
of children, so that they are not
If the following problems
Turn off the TV set and unplug the AC
power cord immediately if any of the
following problems occur.
Ask your dealer or Sony service centre to
have it checked by qualified service
AC power cord is damaged.
Poor fitting of AC power outlet.
TV set is damaged by being dropped,
hit or having something thrown at it.
Any liquid or solid object falls through
openings in the cabinet.
Viewing the TV
• View the TV in moderate light, as
viewing the TV in poor light or during
long period of time, strains your eyes.
• When using headphones, adjust the
volume so as to avoid excessive levels, as
hearing damage may result.
• Although the LCD screen is made with
high-precision technology and 99.99% or
more of the pixels are effective, black
dots may appear or bright points of light
(red, blue, or green) may appear
constantly on the LCD screen. This is a
structural property of the LCD screen and
is not a malfunction.
• Do not push or scratch the front filter, or
place objects on top of this TV set. The
image may be uneven or the LCD screen
may be damaged.
• If this TV set is used in a cold place, a
smear may occur in the picture or the
picture may become dark. This does not
indicate a failure. These phenomena
disappear as the temperature rises.
• Ghosting may occur when still pictures
are displayed continuously. It may
disappear after a few moments.
• The screen and cabinet get warm when
this TV set is in use. This is not a
• The LCD screen contains a small amount
of liquid crystal. Follow your local
ordinances and regulations for disposal.
Handling and cleaning the
screen surface/cabinet of
the TV set
Be sure to unplug the AC power cord
connected to the TV set from AC power
outlet before cleaning.
To avoid material degradation or screen
coating degradation, observe the following
• To remove dust from the screen surface/
cabinet, wipe gently with a soft cloth. If
dust is persistent, wipe with a soft cloth
slightly moistened with a diluted mild
• Do not spray water or detergent directly
on the TV set.
It may drip to the bottom of the screen or
exterior parts, and may cause a
• Never use any type of abrasive pad,
alkaline/acid cleaner, scouring powder,
or volatile solvent, such as alcohol,
benzene, thinner or insecticide. Using
such materials or maintaining prolonged
contact with rubber or vinyl materials
may result in damage to the screen
surface and cabinet material.
• Periodic vacuuming of the ventilation
openings is recommended to ensure to
• When adjusting the angle of the TV set,
move it slowly so as to prevent the TV set
from moving or slipping off from its
Keep optional components or any
equipment emitting electromagnetic
radiation away from the TV set. Otherwise
picture distortion and/or noisy sound may
• Observe the correct polarity when
• Do not use different types of batteries
together or mix old and new batteries.
• Dispose of batteries in an
environmentally friendly way. Certain
regions may regulate the disposal of
batteries. Please consult your local
• Handle the remote with care. Do not drop
or step on it, or spill liquid of any kind
• Do not place the remote in a location near
a heat source, a place subject to direct
sunlight, or a damp room.
Disposal of the TV set
(Australian model only)
Disposal of Old
(Applicable in the
European countries with
This symbol is on the remote control.