Check whether the 1 (standby) indicator is flashing in red.
When the 1 (standby) indicator is flashing
The self-diagnosis function is activated.
Count how many times the 1 (standby) indicator flashes between each three second
For example, the indicator may flash three times, go off for three seconds, then flash again three
Press 1 on the TV to turn it off, disconnect the AC power cord (mains lead), and inform
your dealer or Sony service centre of how the indicator flashes (number of flashes).
When the 1 (standby) indicator is not flashing
Check the items in the tables below. (Also refer to "Troubleshooting" in the i-Manual.)
If the problem persists, have your TV serviced by qualified service personnel.
There is no picture (screen
is dark) and no sound.
Tiny black points and/or
bright points appear on the
The TV's power cannot be
The TV turns off
automatically (the TV
enters standby mode).
The remote does not
The "Parental Lock" password
has been forgotten.
The TV surrounds become
• Check the antenna (aerial)/cable connection.
• Connect the TV to the AC power (mains), and press 1 on the TV.
• If the 1 (standby) indicator lights up in red, press TV "/1.
• The screen is composed of pixels. Tiny black points and/or bright
points (pixels) on the screen do not indicate a malfunction.
• Check if ENERGY SAVING SWITCH is on (
• Check if the "Sleep Timer" is activated, or confirm the
"Duration" setting of "On Timer".
• Check if the "Idle TV Standby" is activated.
• Replace the batteries.
• Your TV may be in SYNC mode.
Press SYNC MENU, select "TV Control" and then select "Home
(Menu)" or "Options" to control the TV.
• Enter 9999 for the PIN code. (PIN code 9999 is always accepted.)
• When the TV is used for an extended period, the TV surrounds
You may feel hot when touching there by the hand.