• This section covers crankcase separation to service the crankshaft.
• The following parts must be removed before separating the crankcase.
Engine ( Section 5)
Carburetor ( Section 11)
Oil pump ( Section 4)
Reed valve ( Section 11)
• When the left crankcase must be replaced, remove the following part in addition to the above.
Final reduction removal
• Special tools must be used for crankshaft and crankcase assembly.
crankcase, the bearing will remain in the crankcase and it should be removed.
assembling, drive a new bearing into the crankcase and install a new oil seal.
Connecting rod big end side
Connecting rod big end radial
Crankshaft runout A/B
Universal bearing puller
Crankcase assembly collar
Crankcase assembly tool
Abnormal engine noise
• Excessive crank journal bearing play
• Excessive crankpin bearing play
• Excessive transmission bearing play
Driven pulley ( Section 8)
A.C. generator ( Section 7)
Cylinder head/cylinder ( Section 6)
Standard (mm) Service Limit (mm)
Bearing outer driver handle A
Bearing outer driver, 42x47mm
Bearing driver pilot, 20mm
Bearing outer driver, 37x40mm
Bearing driver pilot, 17mm
When separating the
ZX / SCOUT