G E TT I N G STARTE D
This appliance is intended for household use only.
• Remove all packing material, any stickers, and the plastic band around the
• Go to www.prodprotect.com/applica to register your product.
• Wash all removable parts as instructed in CARE AND CLEANING.
Place the clean, dry cooking pot in the cooking base.
• Select a location where the Multicooker is to be used. Place the unit on a
stable, heat resistant surface, free from cloth, liquids and any other flammable
materials. Ensure that the unit has enough space all the way around and above
it to allow heat to flow without damage to cabinets or walls.
I M PORTA N T I N FO R MATI ON ABO UT YOUR
M U LT ICOO K ER
• The cooking pot gets hot. When in use, always use oven mitts or
potholders when touching any outer or inner surface of the appliance.
• If there is a power outage, the Multicooker will turn off. If this is
discovered quickly, continue cooking when the power is restored. If you
are not sure how long the Multicooker has been off, discard the food.
• During first few minutes of use you may notice smoke and a slight odor.
This is caused by oil that may have been used during manufacturing of
the unit and will not impact the performance.
• Do not cut foods directly in the cooking pot and do not use metal utensils
in this appliance; both actions could scratch the ceramic coating.
OPERATING YOUR MULTICOOKER
Always preheat the cooking pot before adding ingredients, as you would
before sautéing/searing on the stove top or roasting/baking in the oven.
Approximately 5 to 10 minutes (with or without lid) is needed for searing and
sautéing and 15 to 20 minutes (with the lid on) is needed for roasting and
baking. Slow cooking is the only function that requires no preheating.
This function turns on only the bottom heating elements and heats up to
450°F, enabling you to both sear and sauté foods like on the stovetop. On this
setting, you will only use the control knob.
Plug in the appliance and press power switch to On. The power light
will illuminate and stay on until the appliance is switched to Off.
Turn the control knob to Sear/Sauté.