When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be fol-
lowed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
• Read all instructions.
• Do not use appliance for other than
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles
• To protect against electrical shock do
not immerse cord, plugs or appliance
in water or other liquids.
• Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use
and before cleaning. Allow to cool
before putting on or taking off parts.
• It is recommended to regularly
inspect the appliance. Do not operate
any appliance with a damaged
cord or plug, or after the appliance
malfunctions or has been damaged in
any manner. For service, repair or any
questions regarding your appliance,
please call our Customer Service Line
at 1-800-231-9786 (US and Canada).
• The use of accessory attachments
not recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may cause injuries.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of
table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or in a heated oven.
• To disconnect, push the power switch to
"Off" then remove plug from wall outlet.
• When using the appliance, provide
adequate air space above and on all
sides for circulation. Do not operate if
the appliance is covered or touching
flammable materials, including
curtains, draperies, walls and the like,
when in operation.
• Do not store any item on top of the
appliance while in operation.
• Do not store any materials, other than
the manufacturer's recommended
accessories, in this appliance when
not in use.
• Do not place any of the following
materials in the appliance: paper,
cardboard, plastic and other
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
• This appliance is not intended for use
by persons (including children) with
reduced physical, sensory or mental
capabilities, or lack of experience
and knowledge, unless they have
been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance by a
person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to
ensure that they do not play with
• The appliance is not intended to be
operated by means of an external timer
or separate remote control system.
• Do not use this appliance on an
• Do not attempt to heat or cook non-
food items in this appliance.
• This appliance generates heat and
escaping steam during use. Proper
precautions must be taken to prevent
the risk of burns, fires, or other injury
to persons or damage to property.
• Avoid sudden temperature changes,
such as adding frozen foods into a
heated cooking pot or placing hot
cooking pot directly on a countertop.
• To prevent damage or shock hazard,
do not cook directly in cooking base.
Cook only in cooking pot provided.
• Lift off glass lid carefully to allow water
to drip into cooking pot.
• Never use the cooking pot on a gas or
electric cooktop or over an open flame.