Follow these precautions when handling the drive or discs.
• Please take notice that the manufacturer of this equipment does not offer any warranty against data loss due
to inappropriate installation or handling, or direct or indirect damages.
• Please take notice that the manufacturer will bear no responsibility
for direct or indirect damages caused by the use of this product or its malfunction.
• Please take notice that the manufacturer will bear no responsibility for damage to data caused by this product.
• Please backup (copy) all important data as a protection against data loss.
• Avoid placing the drive in a location subject to:
- high humidity, high temperature, excessive dust, mechanical vibration, direct sunlight
We recommend using the drive in a horizontal or vertical position.
Do not use it in tilted position.
• Don't move the drive suddenly from a cold place to a warm one or raise the room temperature suddenly.
Condensation may occur, causing abnormal operation.
• Make sure to remove the disc before moving the drive. The disc may become damaged, causing data loss.
• Be careful to prevent foreign objects, such as liquids or metal, from entering the drive. In case a foreign
object enters the drive, please consult the dealer where the drive was purchased.
• Don't interrupt the electric power while the drive is operating.
• When connecting two IDE devices to the Primary or Secondary connectors, make sure that the two devices
are not configured as both Master, or both Slave. If they are both set the same, Windows may fail to run or
recognize the drives.
• The total length of the IDE cable should be no more than 18 inches (about 45 cm).
This unit can be operated in the system environment explained here.
Pentium III 700MHz or Higher with IBM PC or Compatible.
128MB or greater.
5GB or more free space.
(The free space needed for writing depends on the quantity of data.)
Enhanced-IDE interface (as Primary Slave, Secondary Master or Slave)
5.25-inch half-height bay required
+5V/+12V power socket required
Software Required OS
Windows 98/2000 Professional/ME/XP(Home Edition/ Professional),
Direct X 9.0 or Higher is required
CD-R : LG, Mitsubishi Chemical, Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, TDK or SKC
CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R,
CD-RW : LG, Ricoh, Mitsubishi Chemical, Verbatim discs are recommended.
DVD-R : FujiFilm, Maxell, TDK are recommended.
DVD-RW : JVC, Mitsubishi Chemical, TDK are recommended.
DVD+R : Taiyo Yuden, Maxell are recommended.
DVD+RW : TDK, FujiFilm are recommended.
DVD-RAM : Maxell, Panasonic are recommended.
discs are recommended.