Make sure that the rack is secured properly to avoid tipping when the server unit is extended.
Some accessory or option board outputs exceed Class 2 or limited power source limits and must be
installed with appropriate interconnecting cabling in accordance with the national electric code.
The power-control button on the device does not turn off the electrical current supplied to the
device. The device also might have more than one connection to dc power. To remove all electrical
current from the device, ensure that all connections to dc power are disconnected at the dc power
To reduce the risk of electric shock or energy hazards:
• This equipment must be installed by trained service personnel in a restricted-access location, as
defined by the NEC and the latest edition of IEC 60950, The Standard for Safety of Information
• Connect the equipment to a reliably grounded safety extra low voltage (SELV) source. An SELV
source is a secondary circuit that is designed so that normal and single fault conditions do not
cause the voltages to exceed a safe level (60 V direct current).
• The branch circuit overcurrent protection must be rated in accordance with local building codes.
• Use 16 American Wire Gauge (AWG) or 1.3 mm
• Torque the wiring-terminal screws to 12 inch-pounds (1.4 newton-meters).
• Incorporate a readily available approved and rated disconnect device in the field wiring.
This product contains a Class 1M laser. Do not view directly with optical instruments.
copper conductor only, not exceeding 3 meters
About this manual