Note If the Manually connect to a wireless network option is not present in the
Choose a connection option dialog box, make sure that your wireless network
adapter appears in the Network Connections folder as a wireless connection and
is enabled. If your wireless network adapter appears in the Network Connections
folder as a wired connection, ensure that you have installed the latest driver for
your adapter that is designed for Windows Vista.
On the Enter information for the wireless network you want to add page,
conﬁgure the following:
• Network name Type the name of the wireless network.
• Security type Select the method used to authenticate a connection to the
wireless network. The choices are the following:
• No authentication (Open) Open system authentication with no encryption.
• WEP Open system authentication with Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP).
• WPA2-Personal Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) with a preshared key (also
known as a passphrase).
• WPA-Personal Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) with a preshared key.
• WPA2-Enterprise WPA2 with IEEE 802.1X authentication.
• WPA-Enterprise WPA with IEEE 802.1X authentication.
• 802.1x IEEE 802.1X authentication with WEP (also known as dynamic WEP).
The choices listed depend on the capabilities of your wireless network
adapter that are reported to Windows.
The shared key authentication method is not listed. Microsoft strongly
MW600-B-LO Wireless 802. 11b/g wireless PCI-E Adapter Card
2008.11.7 10:59:29 AM