Backlight compensation setting
Use an auto-iris lens and set the EI/BLC switch to the BLC
(backlight compensation)-ON position, to engage the backlight
Use an auto-iris lens. Set the EI/BLC switch to BLC-ON position.
If using a VIDEO type auto-iris lens
• The ALC volume on the lens should be turned all the way to Av (Average).
• If the backlight compensation function does not compensate properly for the conditions,
set using the LEVEL volume on the lens.
The electronic iris function and the backlight compensation function cannot operate
Lens iris adjustment
If using a DC type auto-iris lens, you will need to set the LEVEL (VR301) volume when
shooting in the conditions described below.
L (counterclockwise): To decrease the contrast
H (clockwise): To increase the contrast
• If shooting simultaneously in a dark room and through a bright
• If the subject background is extremely bright or dark.
• If the brightness of the picture on the monitor is not correct.