Care and Cleaning
Removing Odors From
To avoid electrical shock which can cause severe
personal injury or death, disconnect power to
refrigerator before cleaning. After cleaning,
1. Remove all food and turn the refrigerator OFF.
2. Disconnect power to the refrigerator.
3. Clean the walls, floor, ceiling of cabinet interior,
drawers, shelves and gaskets according to the
instructions (see page 25).
4. Dilute mild detergent and brush solution into
crevices using a plastic bristle brush. Let stand for
five minutes. Rinse surfaces with warm water. Dry
surfaces with a soft, clean cloth.
5. Wash and dry all bottles, containers and jars.
Discard spoiled or expired items.
6. Wrap or store odor-causing foods in tightly sealed
containers to prevent reoccurring odors.
7. Reconnect power to refrigerator and return food to
8. Allow the refrigerator to cool.
9. After 24 hours, check if odor has been eliminated.
If odor is still present:
1. Remove drawers and place on top shelf of
2. Pack refrigerator and freezer sections – including
doors – with crumpled sheets of black and white
3. Place charcoal briquettes randomly on crumpled
newspaper in both freezer and refrigerator
4. Close doors and let stand 24 to 48 hours.
Energy Saving Tips
• Avoid overcrowding refrigerator shelves. This reduces
air circulation around food and causes refrigerator to
• Avoid adding too much warm food to refrigerator at
one time. This overloads compartments and slows
rate of cooling.
• Do not use aluminum foil, wax paper, or paper
toweling as shelf liners. This decreases air flow and
causes refrigerator to run less efficiently.
• A freezer that is two-thirds full runs most efficiently.
• Locate refrigerator in coolest part of room. Avoid
areas of direct sunlight, or near heating ducts,
registers or other heat producing appliances. If this is
not possible, isolate exterior by using a section of
cabinet or an added layer of insulation.
• Clean door gaskets every three months according to
cleaning instructions. This will assure that door seals
properly and refrigerator runs efficiently.
• Take time to organize items in refrigerator to reduce
time that door is open.
• Be sure your doors are closing securely by leveling
refrigerator as instructed in your installation
• Clean condenser coils as indicated in the cleaning
instructions every three months. This will increase
energy efficiency and cooling performance.