Viewing Closed Captions (On-Screen Text Messages) - Analog
The Analog Caption function operates in either analog TV channel mode or when a signal is supplied from an
external device. (Depending on the broadcasting signal, the Analog Caption function may operate on digital
Press the MENU button to display the menu.
button to select Setup, then press the ENTER button.
Press the A or T button to select Caption, then press the ENTER button.
Press the ENTER button to select Caption.
button to select On, then press the ENTER button.
button to select Caption Mode, then press the ENTER
button. Press the
button to select submenu (Default, CC1-CC4 or
Text1-Text4) you want, then press the ENTER button.
Press the EXIT button to exit.
• The default is Default.
• CC1: The Primary Synchronous Caption Service. These are captions in the
primary language that must be in sync with the sound, preferably matched to a
• CC2: The Special Non-Synchronous Use Captions.This channel carries data that
is intended to augment information carried in the program.
• CC3: Secondary Synchronous Caption Service.
Alternate program-related caption data, typically second language captions.
• CC4: Special Non-Synchronous Use Captions. Similar to CC2.
• Text1: First Text Service. This may be various non-program related data.
• Text2: Second Text Service. Additional data, usually not program related.
• Text3/Text4: Third and Fourth Text Services. These data channels should be
used only if Text1 and Text2 are not sufficient.
• The Caption feature doesn't work in COMPONENT, PC, HDMI(DVI)
• The availability of captions depends on the program being broadcast.
You can also press the CC button on the remote control to select Captions