No. 8101E V K - S 4 5 4 VK-S454E SERVICE MANUAL SPECIFICATIONS AND PARTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR IMPROVEMENT COLOR VIDEO CAMERA January 2001 Digital Media Products Division,Tokai...
Service Manual. The use of a substitute replacement component which does not have the same safety characteristics as the HITACHI recommended replacement one, shown in the parts list in this Service Manual, may create shock, fire, or other hazards. Product safety is continuously under review and new instructions are issued from time to time.
Notes When Using Service Manual The following shows the contents to be noted when using service manual: 1. Value units used in parts list 3. Identifications of sides A/B in circuit board diagrams Certain symbols are indicated below for value units of resistors, capacitors and coils in parts list.
CONTENTS CHAPTER 1 GENERAL INFORMATION 8. Troubleshooting of IR control ....... 3-19 (1) No IR control operation ......... 3-20 SPECIFICATIONS ..........1-1 COMPARISON OF SPECIFICATION ..... 1-2 CHAPTER 4 EXPLODED VIEW COMPARISON OF MAIN CONTROL ICs ....1-2 EXPLODED VIEW ..........4-1 CHAPTER 2 DISASSEMBLY CHAPTER 5 REPLACEMENT DISASSEMBLY PROCEDURE ......
CHAPTER 1 GENERAL INFORMATION SPECIFICATINOS Note: The specifications are subject to change for improvement without notice. Signal VK-S454: NTSC Format VK-S454E: PAL Format Scanning System 2:1 Interlaced Image Sensor 4.5 mm Dia. (1/4-inch) CCD Image Sensor Number of Effective Pixels VK-S454: 724 (H) ×...
CHAPTER 3 ELECTRIC CIRCUIT ADJUSTMENT Test Equipment/Jigs Necessary for Adjustment 1.1 List of equipment and jigs DSP Interface Connect Jig DSP-R Jig C12 Light Balancing Filter Adjutsment Floppy No. 7069179 No.7099448 No.7099369 Disk ( *1 ) Personal Computer (PC) Personal Computer Cable *1 : The adjustment floppy disk is not for sale: It will be [Goods on the Market] RS-232C (9 or 25 pins)
2. Before Starting Adjustment 2.1 Connections for adjustment Connect the video camera to the test equipment and jigs as shown in Fig. 2-1. 2.2 Notes 1) All adjustments are performed using the adjustment program and personal computer (PC). The adjustment program is subject to change without notice for improvements in functions and operability, and the actual instructions on PC screen may be different from those in this manual: If so, follow the instructions on PC screen to proceed with adjustment.
4) Use light box that does not flicker and whose color temperature is controlled, for adjustment. If an inappropriate light box is used, precise adjustment will not be possible, and the adjustment program will not operate normally. 5) Take care with the following when pointing the video camera at a chart (light box): Focus the chart correctly.
List of Adjustment Items The following table shows the adjustment items, their purposes, and whether or not check is required after replacing major components. The components shown in the table below are the minimum to be checked after replacing major components: If several components have been replaced - or depending on the cause of a defect - more components may need to be checked.
Starting Adjustment Program (SMAP) Note: If error message appears during adjustment, refer to “6. Error Messages”. 1) Connect the video camera, DSP-R jig and PC as shown in Fig. 2-1, and supply power to them. (*1) 2) Operate the PC to start MS-DOS . (*2) 3) Make sure that the adjustment floppy disk is write-protected.
Adjustment Procedure The following explains the adjustment procedure using the adjustment program (SMAP), following the order of items on the main menu screen. Refer to “4. Starting Adjustment Program (SMAP)” in advance, start SMAP and display the main menu on PC display. In actual work, it is possible to adjust one item independently.
5.3 Adjustment Before starting: 1) Input C to PC on the main menu screen to display the adjustment menu screen. 2) Input to PC the appropriate adjustment number. (*1) *1: Pressing the [Esc] key on the adjustment menu screen will restore the main menu screen. (1) Auto Iris Control Adjustment Incompleted Phenomenon: The picture becomes too bright.
(3) Chroma Gain Adjustment (Figs. 5-1, 5-2, 5-3) Incompleted Phenomenon: Color of the picture is denser than that of the subjuct. Color of the picture is lighter than that of the subject. Equipment: Oscilloscope or Vectorscope Test Point: Video Out (PG1601-6) Condition: Atach a C12 filter Point the at a color bar chart.
5.4 Autofocus Before starting adjustment: 1) Input D to PC on the main menu screen to display the AF menu screen. 2) Input the appropriate adjustment number to PC. (*1) *1: Pressing the [Esc] key on the AF menu screen will restore the main menu screen. (1) Zoom/Focus Tracking Adjustment Incompleted Phenomenon: Focus is lost during zooming.
(3) Check of Zoom Trace Incompleted Phenomenon: Focus is lost during zooming. Condition: Point at the backfocus chart, 1500 ± 5mm away from the lens surface. Light the backfocus chart with 200 - 400 lx. Caution when Adjustment: 1) Measure the distance between the chart and lens surface precisely. 2) Place the chart as parallel as possible to the lens surface.
Procedure: 1) Input E to PC on the main menu screen. 2) Follow the instructions on PC display thereafter. 3) The screen for verifying writing of spot noise data will appear: Input Y. (*1) 4) When writing data is complete, the spot noise data write complete screen will appear: Press any key to restore the main menu screen.
6. Error Message A message may appear while you are adjusting the video camera. If a message appears, refer to the following table and take appropriate corrective action. 6.1 Error Message of Electric Volume and Adjustment ERROR MESSAGE COUNTERMEASURE ERROR OCCURRED. IRIS TROUBLE Check whether or not power is supplied.
6.2 Error Message of Autofocus ERROR MESSAGE COUNTERMEASURE ERROR OCCURRED. ZOOM DOES NOT WORK Supply power again and re-adjust. PRESS ANY KEY TIME OUT ERROR ON FOCUS Check the conditions of subject. If this error message appears even when the adjustment is performed 2 or 3 times, the autofocus circuit system is defective.
CHAPTER 5 REPLACEMENT PARTS LIST 1. MECHANICAL PARTS LIST SYMBOL SYMBOL P-NO DESCRIPTION P-NO DESCRIPTION MECHANISM SECTION JP31901 PWB ASSY PC [For VK-S454] JP31902 PWB ASSY PC [For VK-S454E] DT10392 CRYSTAL NA30812 BRACKET NA19622 BRACKET(L) NA19631 BRACKET KQ10861 LENS ASSY...
WAVEFORMS SCHEMATIC, CIRCUIT BOARD AND BLOCK DIAGRAMS/MICROPROCESSOR CHAPTER 6 PINS FUNCTION TABLES INTERNAL WIRING DIAGRAM IC1001-7 1.1Vp-p IC1101-26 1.1Vp-p IC1002-17 6.5Vp-p Q1102-B 1.0Vp-p 0.2V/20.0µs 2V/20.0µs 0.2V/20.0µs 0.2V/20.0µs LENS COLOR CHART COLOR CHART COLOR CHART COLOR CHART BLOCK PG1250 PG1301 PG1380 TEST PLUG IC1002-5 6.5Vp-p...
-6.6 10000p/250 15.2 -6.5 R1003 CCD OUT CODE PART NAME 2SC2462LD 2SC2620 C1024 1SS353 VOLTAGE: REC MODE : WAVEFORMS No. DIFFERENCE OF VK-S454 AND PROCESS VK-S454E [PC] PG1241 Parts VK-S454 VK-S454E [P6-5] IC1001 ICX216AN ICX217AN C1027 C1026 22/6.3 SWITCHING REGULATOR...
32us B750 32us B750 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 17ms 32us CODE PART NAME DIFFERENCE OF VK-S454 2SB1462 AND VK-S454E 2SC2412K Data in the EEPROM (IC1250). 2SC2411K 2SC2462-LD IC1380 IR FILTER DRIVE IC1301...
IDENTIFICATION OF PARTS LOCATION Symbol Parts Symbol Parts Symbol Parts Symbol Parts Symbol Parts Symbol Parts Symbol Parts Location Location Location Location Location Location Location C1523 A-3A C1618 A-1B IC1605 A-1B Q1603 B-3B R1526 B-2A R1621 B-3B BL1601 B-1B C1524 B-3A C1621 A-1B...
MICROPROCESSOR PIN FUNCTION TABLES Digital Microprocessor (IC1201: D-µP) Active Abbreviation Function Active Abbreviation Function Level Level (Pulse) LD-DSP Activates data communication with IC1121 (DSP). 0V-3V V-GYRO Not used. Connect to ground. (Pulse) CS-DAC Not used. Open. 0V-3V H-GYRO (Pulse) CS-VAP 0V-3V FDET F-value detection input.