• It does not fit the screen (those images are
• The [MODE (MP3, JPEG)] setting has been set to
[AUDIO (MP3)] (page 51).
• If you cannot change the [MODE (MP3, JPEG)]
setting, re-load the disc or turn the system off, then
• The DATA CD/DATA DVD contains a DivX
The MP3 audio tracks and JPEG image file
starts playing simultaneously.
• [AUTO] has been selected in [MODE (MP3,
JPEG)] (page 51).
The DivX video file cannot be played.
• The file is not created in DivX format.
• The file has an extension other than ".AVI" or
• The DATA CD/DATA DVD is not created in a
DivX format that conforms to ISO 9660 Level 1/
Level 2 or, Joliet/UDF.
• The DivX video file is larger than 720 (width)
The titles of album/track/file name are not
• The system can only display numbers and letters
of the alphabets. Other characters are displayed as
A disc does not start playing from the
• Program Play, Shuffle Play, or Repeat Play has
Press CLEAR to cancel these functions before
playing a disc.
• Resume Play has been selected.
During stop, press x on the system or the remote
and then start playback (page 35).
• The title, DVD or PBC menu automatically
appears on the TV screen.
The system starts playing the disc
• The DVD features an auto playback function.
Playback stops automatically.
• Some discs may contain an auto pause signal.
While playing such a disc, the system stops
playback at the auto pause signal.
You cannot perform some functions such as
Stop, Search, Slow-motion Play, or Repeat
• Depending on the disc, you may not be able to
perform some of the operations above. See the
operating manual that came with the disc.
Downloaded From TheatreSystem-Manual.com Manuals
Messages do not appear on the screen in the
language you want.
• In the Setup Display, select the desired language
for the on-screen display in [OSD] under
[LANGUAGE SETUP] (page 72).
The language for the sound track cannot be
• Multilingual tracks are not recorded on the DVD
• The DVD prohibits changing the language for the
The subtitle language cannot be changed.
• Multilingual subtitles are not recorded on the
DVD being played.
• The DVD prohibits changing the subtitles.
The subtitle cannot be turned off.
• The DVD prohibits turning off subtitles.
The angles cannot be changed.
• Multi-angles are not recorded on the DVD being
played (page 45).
• The DVD prohibits changing the angles.
A disc cannot be ejected and "LOCKED"
appears in the front panel display.
• Contact your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony
[Data error] appears on the TV screen when
playing a DATA CD or DATA DVD.
• The MP3 audio track/JPEG image file/DivX
video file you want to play is broken.
• The data is not MPEG1 Audio Layer 3 data.
• The JPEG image file format does not conform to
• The JPEG image file has the extension ".JPG" or
".JPEG," but is not in JPEG format.
• The file you want to play has the extension ".AVI"
or ".DIVX" but is not in DivX format, or is in
DivX format but does not conform to a DivX
The system does not work normally.
• Disconnect the AC power cord (mains lead) from
the wall outlet (mains), then reconnect after