Accessories/ Installation Procedure
1. To prevent a short circuit, remove the key from the
ignition and disconnect the - battery.
2. Connect the SIRIUS interface box and the control
unit using the provided SIRIUS connection wire.
3. Make the proper input and output wire
connections for each unit.
4. Install the unit in your car.
5. Reconnect the - battery.
6. Press the reset button.
• Do not connect the SIRIUS connection wire while the
control unit is turned ON.
• Be sure to press the reset button on the control unit after
• If your car is not prepared for this special connection-
system, consult your Kenwood dealer.
• Make sure that all wire connections are securely made by
inserting jacks until they lock completely.
• Do not let unconnected wires or terminals touch metal on
the car or anything else conducting electricity. To prevent
short circuits, also do not remove the caps on the ends of
the unconnected wires or the terminals.
• Insulate unconnected wires with vinyl tape or other similar
• Take care so that the antenna wire and other connection
wires are not caught by mobile parts. Otherwise wire
disconnection or other trouble may result.
• Do not apply too much force on the antenna wire, other
connection wires and connectors by bending a wire, etc.
Otherwise wire disconnection or other trouble may result.
• After the unit is installed, check whether the brake lamps,
indicators, wipers, etc. on the car are working properly.