While using electrical appliances, in order to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock,
and/or injury to persons, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the
• Read all instructions carefully.
• To protect against electrical shock, DO NOT IMMERSE the appliance, cord set or
plug in water or other liquids.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use. Unplug before cleaning, changing
accessories or approaching parts which move in use.
• Never pull the cord when unplugging from the power outlet.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance
malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to an
authorized service facility for examination, repair or adjustment.
• Do not abuse the cord. Never carry the appliance by the cord or pull it to
disconnect it from the power outlet. Always grip the plug & pull to disconnect.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
• Do not use the appliance for other than the intended use.
• The use of accessory attachments not recommended by this appliance
manufacturer may cause hazards.
• For household use only.
• Do not leave this appliance unattended in use.
• To avoid a circuit overload, do not operate another high wattage appliance on the
• If an extension cord is used, please ensure it is correctly wired and rated for use
with this appliance. If in doubt, consult a qualified electrician. The extension cord
should be arranged so that it will not drape over the counters or table tops where
it could be pulled by children or tripped over.
• Do not attempt to repair this appliance yourself; instead take it to your nearest
Black & Decker-owned or Authorised Service Centre for repair.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS