Understanding the status LED
The color of the LED indicates the machine's current status.
• Some LEDs may not be available depending on model or country.
• To resolve the error, look at the error message and its instructions from the troubleshooting part.
• You also can resolve the error with the guideline from the
• If the problem persists, call a service representative.
The machine is off-line.
When the backlight blinks, the machine is receiving or printing data.
• The machine is on-line and can be used.
• A minor error has occurred and the machine is waiting for the error to be cleared. Check the display message. When
the problem is cleared, the machine resumes. For some models that does not support the display screen on the
control panel, this feature is not applicable.
• Small amount of toner is left in the cartridge. The estimated cartridge life of toner is close. Prepare a new cartridge for
replacement. You may temporarily increase the printing quality by redistributing the toner (see "Redistributing toner"
on page 65).
• A toner cartridge has almost reached its estimated cartridge life
(see "Replacing the toner cartridge" on page 66).
• The cover is opened. Close the cover.
• There is no paper in the tray. Load paper in the tray.
• The machine has stopped due to a major error. Check the display message (see "Understanding display messages" on
. It is recommended to replace the toner cartridge