Adaptive Defrost Control
The defrost cycle shall be started after the Defrost timer has expired. According to the following defrost procedure:
Defrost must be executed every time one of the following event occurs:
1. After 8 hours (+/-10 minutes) of compressor running, calculated considering just the thermostat
2. When the compressor stops (in thermostatic mode) and a time period of 20 min (+/-1 minute) is
allowed to complete the time to defrost.
3. If the door open time > 10 min, within first 5 hrs of cumulative compressor run time, defrost is
initiated at 5hrs.
4. If door open time > 10 min between 5 to 8 hours of cumulative compressor run time, defrost will
5. If the door open time < 10 min or If there is at least one door opening up to 8 hrs of compressor
running then defrost time is as per point 1.
6. If there is no door opening up to 8 hrs of compressor running than defrost time will be 18hrs
7. If there is no door opening for 8 hrs, & there is door opening between 8 to 18 hrs of compressor
running, defrost will take place immediately.
, 8th or 18
time, independently of the number of compressor cycles and how many time the compressor was ON.
hr of compressor running (defrost timer) consist of the sum of all the compressor's ON