1. Remove the mounting screws attaching the foot pedal to the
compactor. Remove foot pedal.
A. Mounting screws
B. Foot pedal
2. Remove mounting screws attaching the toe guard to the
compactor. Remove toe guard.
3. Remove the mounting screws attaching the decorative panel
to the compactor. Remove decorative panel and discard
4. Align the bottom of the custom panel with the bottom of the
5. Secure the panel from the back using 4 – #8 x 1" wood
screws as shown.
6. Attach a 15" x
" quarter-round filler along the top of the
drawer front using glue or screws.
The compacting ram is the part of the compactor which
compresses the trash. The compacting ram does not go to the
bottom of the drawer. You will not see compacting of trash the
first few times you load the compactor.
NOTE: The compactor drawer should be more than
the compactor can begin to compress the load.
You may hear a noise when glass breaks. Strong glass bottles
may not break at all. The trash in a full compactor bag will be
the size of its original bulk.
7. Reinstall the toe guard using the existing screws and
washer. Then, reinstall the foot pedal.
How Your Compactor Works
Load bulky trash, bottles, and cans in the center of the drawer.
Bottles or cans not placed in the center may become caught
between the ram and the drawer. The Drawer Monitor Switch
then senses a "misload" and causes the ram to return to the "up"
position without compacting.
A. Custom panel
B. 15" x
C. Panel screw locations
D. Toe guard
F. Toe guard screw