Your new compactor is designed to give you many years of dependable service. However, there are a few things you are expected to do
in order to properly maintain your compactor. This section will tell you how to clean and care for your compactor.
Changing the Air Filter or Freshener
It is recommended that you use either the charcoal air filter or the
air freshener in the filter compartment. The solid air freshener
system is an alternative to the air filter and is designed to control
odors that might develop in the trash.
To order the correct replacement charcoal filters or air fresheners,
call the toll-free number listed on the cover or in the "Assistance
or Service" section.
1. Insert fingertips in the air filter cover and pull until the side
tabs release. Then, lift the cover to release the bottom tabs.
2. Remove the air filter by pulling the top edge of the filter. The
filter should pull out easily. Throw away used filter.
Remove the air freshener by simply lifting out of the filter
compartment. Throw away used freshener.
3. To replace air filter, push the replacement filter into place.
To replace the air freshener, place the replacement in the filter
4. Insert the bottom tabs of the air filter cover and push in until
the side tabs snap into place.
Before cleaning the compactor, turn the Key-Knob (or Key-
Switch) to the OFF & LOCK position and remove it.
NOTE: Any services other than those outlined in this section
should be performed by a designated service representative.
1. Wash exterior surfaces (including stainless steel) with a clean
2. Wipe up spills right away. Some foods can damage the finish
NOTE: You may want to wear protective gloves since there may
be bits of glass in the drawer.
1. Remove the bag. See the "Removing a Filled Bag."
2. Press down on the lever-action lock (or Side-Lock latch).
3. Hold the lever-action lock down and tilt the side of the drawer
Cleaning Exterior Surfaces
sponge or soft cloth and a mild detergent in warm water. Do
not use abrasive or harsh cleaners. Rinse and dry thoroughly
with a soft cloth.
if left on the compactor surface.
Cleaning Inside the Drawer
out until the lock clears the drawer front.
NOTE: If desired, the drawer side can be removed by tilting it
up, then lifting it out.