Removing a Filled Bag
Do not touch sharp objects that have cut through
Doing so can result in cuts.
When the trash is compacted to the top of the drawer,
remove the bag. If the bag is too heavy, compact less
trash before emptying in the future.
1. Pull the drawer completely open.
2. Remove top of bag from retainer buttons. Pull up all
four bag cuffs.
3. Close bag provided with twist tie.
4. Push side-lock latch down and tilt drawer side open.
5. Lift out bag.
Installing a New Bag
Before installing a new bag, be sure:
1. The drawer side is securely locked.
2. The container is clean and free of sharp debris that
may have punctured the bag.
Do not use any kind of bag other than those designed
especially for use in your compactor.
Order replacement compactor bags through your local
KitchenAid dealer or by calling the KitchenAid Consumer
Assistance Center at 1-800-422-1230. In Canada, call
1. Place folded bag into the drawer. Open bag and pull top
edges over the drawer top.
2. Lock bag in place by pulling the four prepunched holes
over the bag retainer buttons. Holes will expand over
the buttons without damaging the bag.
3. Press inside of bag against the drawer bottom, sides
and corners for a smooth fit.