Do not compact any container, aerosol cans, or
cloths which might contain insecticide, hair
spray, engine starting fluid, paints, liquids,
thinners, or any other poisonous or explosive
Doing so can result in death, explosion, or fire.
Do not push items down into compactor with
hands or feet.
Doing so can result in cuts.
Using the Charcoal Air Filter
The fan-powered Charcoal Air Filter absorbs and mini-
mizes odor. The degree of odor in the compactor
depends on the type of trash placed in it. The length of
time before the filter needs to be replaced varies with the
type of trash compacted. Under normal use the filter
should be replaced once or twice per year.
To use the filter
1. Set the Charcoal Air Filter switch to ON. The Air Filter
indicator lights up. The fan creates air movement in the
compactor for odor removal.
NOTE: The Charcoal Air Filter works even when the
Key-Knob is in the OFF position.
2. Set the Charcoal Air Filter switch to OFF to turn off the
Open the drawer
Lift and pull the handle or press the drawer opener to
open the drawer.
Put in the trash
NOTE: You will not see compacting of trash the first
few times you load the compactor. The compactor
drawer should be about 1/2 full before the compactor
can begin to compress the load.
1. Wrap or cover wet or messy trash.
2. Load bottles or cans on their sides in the center of the
3. Do not load bottles in an upright position in drawer as
4. Do not compact items that may develop offensive odors
such as raw meat, fish, grapefruit rinds, disposable dia-
pers, or personal hygiene items.
Close the drawer
Push drawer in until it stops.