Using the Air Filter or Freshener
The fan-powered charcoal Air Filter absorbs and minimizes odor.
The degree of odor in the compactor depends on the type of
trash placed in it. The length of time before the filter needs to be
replaced varies with the type of trash compacted. Under normal
use the filter should be replaced once or twice per year.
To use the filter:
1. Press ON on the charcoal Air Filter control. The fan creates air
movement in the compactor for odor removal.
NOTE: The charcoal Air Filter works even when the Key-Knob
is in the OFF position.
IMPORTANT: The air freshener will work with or without the
2. Press OFF on the charcoal Air Filter control to turn off the fan.
Removing a Filled Bag
When the trash is compacted to the top of the drawer, remove
the bag. If the bag is too heavy, compact less trash before
emptying it in the future.
IMPORTANT: Do not push items down into compactor with
hands or feet.
1. Pull the drawer completely open.
2. Remove top of bag from bag retainer buttons. Pull up all four
bag cuffs. Close bag with twist tie provided.
3. Push Side-Lock Latch down and tilt drawer side open.
4. Lift out bag.
Installing a New Bag
Do not use any kind of bag other than those designed especially
for use in your compactor. Order replacement compactor bags
through your local dealer or by calling the toll-free number on the
cover or in the "Assistance or Service" section.
Before installing a new bag, be sure:
The drawer side is securely locked.
The container is clean and free of debris.
1. Place folded bag into the drawer. Open bag and pull top
edges over the drawer top.
2. Lock bag in place by pulling the four prepunched holes over
the bag retainer buttons. Holes will expand over the buttons
without damaging the bag.
3. Press inside of bag against the drawer bottom, sides and
corners for a smooth fit.