Your new compactor is designed to give you many years of
dependable service. However, there are a few things you are
expected to do in order to properly maintain your compactor.
This section will tell you how to clean and care for your
Changing the Charcoal Air Filter
To order the correct replacement charcoal filters call the toll-free
number listed on the cover or in the "Assistance or Service"
1. Insert fingertips in the Air Filter Cover and pull until the side
tabs release. Then, lift the cover to release the bottom tabs.
2. Remove the Air Filter by pulling the top edge of the filter. The
filter should pull out easily. Throw away used filter.
3. To replace, push the replacement filter into place. Insert the
bottom tabs of the Air Filter Cover and push in until the side
tabs snap into place.
Before cleaning the compactor, turn the Key-Knob (or Key-
Switch) to the OFF & LOCK position and remove it.
NOTE: Any services other than those outlined in this section
should be performed by a designated service representative.
1. Wash exterior surfaces (including stainless steel) with a clean
2. Wipe up spills right away. Some foods can damage the finish
NOTE: You may want to wear protective gloves as there may be
bits of glass in the drawer.
1. Remove the bag. See the "Removing a Filled Bag."
2. Press down on the lever-action lock (or Side-Lock latch).
3. Hold the lever-action lock down and tilt the side of the drawer
4. Wash the interior of the drawer with a clean sponge or soft
5. If the drawer side was removed, slide it back into the tilted
6. Press the lever-action lock (or Side-Lock Latch) down while
7. Latch the drawer side by pushing up the lever-action lock (or
Cleaning Exterior Surfaces
sponge or soft cloth and a mild detergent in warm water. Do
not use abrasive or harsh cleaners. Rinse and dry thoroughly
with a soft cloth.
if left on the compactor surface.
Cleaning Inside the Drawer
out until the lock clears the drawer front.
NOTE: If desired, the drawer side can be removed by tilting it
up, then lifting it out.
cloth and a mild detergent in warm water. Rinse and dry
thoroughly with a soft cloth.
pushing the drawer side to the upright position.