Using Solid (Locked) Cycle
The Solid (Locked) cycle extends the use of a bag by putting
constant pressure on the trash to keep it from springing back.
Regular use of the Solid (Locked) cycle can increase bag
capacity up to 25 percent.
During the Solid (Locked) cycle, the ram will stay in the down
position for extra compacting. While the Solid (Locked) cycle is
operating, an indicator shows on the control panel. The drawer is
locked and cannot be opened when the ram is down. For best
results, use the Solid (Locked) cycle for at least 30 minutes at a
To use Solid (Locked) cycle:
1. Press SOLID (LOCKED) on the Compactor Control. Turn the
Key-Knob to START, and then release the Key-Knob.
NOTE: The indicator on the control panel shows when the
Solid (Locked) cycle is in use.
2. After 30 minutes or more, turn the Key-Knob to START to
raise the compacting ram OR press NORMAL (UNLOCKED).
NOTE: When the compacting cycle is done, turn the
Key-Knob to OFF. Remove the Key-Knob and store it out of
Using the Charcoal Air Filter
The fan-powered Charcoal Air Filter absorbs and minimizes odor.
The degree of odor in the compactor depends on the type of
trash placed in it. The length of time before the filter needs to be
replaced varies with the type of trash compacted. Under normal
use the filter should be replaced once or twice per year.
To use the filter:
1. Press ON on the Charcoal Air Filter Control. The fan creates
air movement in the compactor for odor removal.
NOTE: The Charcoal Air Filter works even when the Key-
Knob is in the OFF position.
2. Press OFF on the Charcoal Air Filter Control to turn off the
Removing a Filled Bag
When the trash is compacted to the top of the drawer, remove
the bag. If the bag is too heavy, compact less trash before
emptying it in the future.
IMPORTANT: Do not push items down into compactor with
hands or feet.
1. Pull the drawer completely open.
2. Remove top of bag from bag retainer buttons. Pull up all four
bag cuffs. Close bag with twist tie provided.
3. Push Side-Lock Latch down and tilt drawer side open.
4. Lift out bag.
Installing a New Bag
Do not use any kind of bag other than those designed especially
for use in your compactor. Order replacement compactor bags
through your local dealer or by calling the toll-free number on the
cover or in the "Assistance or Service" section.
Before installing a new bag, be sure:
The drawer side is securely locked.
The container is clean and free of debris.
1. Place folded bag into the drawer. Open bag and pull top
edges over the drawer top.
2. Lock bag in place by pulling the four prepunched holes over
the bag retainer buttons. Holes will expand over the buttons
without damaging the bag.
3. Press inside of bag against the drawer bottom, sides and
corners for a smooth fit.