WARNING: Some dust created by power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling and other
construction activities contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer,
birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Some examples of these chemicals are:
• Lead from lead-based paints.
• Crystalline silica from bricks, cement, and other masonry products.
• Arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber.
Your risk from these exposures varies, depending upon how often you do this type of work.
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals:
• Work in a well-ventilated area.
• Work with approved safety equipment, such as those dust masks that are specially designed to
filter out microscopic particles.
Avoid prolonged contact with dust from power sanding, sawing, grinding, drilling, and other
construction activities. Wear protective clothing and wash exposed areas with soap and water.
Allowing dust to get into your mouth or eyes or to lie on the skin may promote absorption of
Reciprocating saw, blade, hard case