• Read all installation instructions and site survey reports, and verify correct equipment installation before
connecting the Access Point.
• Remove jewelry and watches before installing this equipment.
• Verify the unit is grounded before connecting it to the power source.
• Verify any device connected to this unit is properly wired and grounded.
• Verify there is adequate ventilation around the device, and that ambient temperatures meet equipment
1.3 Site Preparation
• Consult your site survey and network analysis reports to determine specific equipment placement, power
drops, and so on.
• Assign installation responsibility to the appropriate personnel.
• Identify and document where all installed components are located.
• Ensure adequate, dust-free ventilation to all installed equipment.
• Identify and prepare Ethernet and console port connections.
• Verify cable lengths are within the maximum allowable distances for optimal signal transmission.
1.4 Package Contents
An AP-6522E Access Point is available in integrated antenna and external antenna models. Contents differ
depending on the model ordered.
1.4.1 External Antenna Model Package Contents
• AP6522E Access Point with external antenna connectors (Plenum Rated)
• 2 customer installed mounting lugs
• 4 mounting lug retaining screws
• AP-6522E Installation Guide (This Guide)
1.4.2 Internal Antenna Model Package Contents
AP6522E Access Point with internal antennas
AP-6522E Installation Guide (This Guide)