• Adapts to any size 12 volt DC accessory outlet
• Compact, efficient and quiet
• Electronic circuit protection prevents damage due to overload/insufficient ventilation
• Low-battery shutdown
Controls and Functions
1. 12 volt positive (+) contact
2. Internal fuse
3. 12 volt negative (–) spring contact
4. Power plug adjusts 45°
HOW THIS INVERTER WORKS
This inverter is an electronic device that converts low voltage DC (direct current) electricity from a battery to AC
(alternating current) household power. In designing this inverter, Black & Decker has incorporated design
techniques previously employed in computer power supplies. The result of these design innovations is a
smaller, lighter and easier-to-use power inverter.
Power Inverter Output Waveform
The AC output waveform of this inverter is known as a modified sine wave. It is a stepped waveform that has
characteristics similar to the sine wave shape of utility power. This type of waveform is suitable for most AC loads,
including linear and switching power supplies used in electronic equipment, transformers, and small motors.
The modified sine wave produced by this inverter has an RMS (root mean square). Most AC voltmeters (both
digital and analog) are sensitive to the average value of the waveform rather than the RMS value. They are
calibrated for RMS voltage under the assumption that the waveform measured will be a pure sine wave. These
meters will not correctly read the RMS voltage of a modified sine wave. Non-TRUE RMS meters will read about
20 to 30 volts low when measuring the output of this inverter. For accurate measurement of the output voltage
of this unit, use a TRUE RMS reading voltmeter such as a Fluke 87, Fluke 8080A, Beckman 4410 or Triplett
CAUTION – Rechargeable Devices
• Certain rechargeable devices are designed to be charged by plugging them directly into an AC receptacle.
These devices may damage the inverter or the charging circuit.
• When using a rechargeable device, monitor its temperature for the initial ten minutes of use to determine if it
produces excessive heat.
5. Green operating LED
6. USB Charging Port
7. AC Outlet
8. Ventilation slots