CHANGING THE BIN DOOR AND LOWER PANEL
The storage bin door and lower panel are designed to
accept an optional decorative wood panel of your
The wood panel should be no more than VI inch (6 mm)
thick. Cut it to the same size as the production metal
panel. See Figure 1.
To change the bin door panel:
1. Open the bin door.
2. Remove the two screws on top of the door which hold
3. Remove the handle.
4. Slide the metal panels out.
5. Break off the ribs on the door insulation to allow for
the wood thickness. See Figure 2.
6. Slide the wood panel into the door frame.
7. Replace handle and screws.
To change the lower panel:
1. Remove the two screws at the bottom that hold the
lower panel assembly to the ice maker.
2. Remove the two screws on the top of the panel
3. Slide the metal panels and spacers out.
4. Slide the wood panel into the door frame.
5. Replace the top of the panel assembly.
NOTE: Make sure the galvanized panel is replaced in
back of the panel assembly.
REMOVE ALL DOOR INSULATION
RIBS TO ACCEPT WOOD PANEL
If ice maker is installed above two thousand feet of
altitude, the bin and evaporator thermostats must be
adjusted to a warmer setting. Disconnect electricity,
remove thermostat and follow the directions for turning
the altitude adjustment screw as shown in the label on
When this ice cube maker is installed aboard a ship,
it will be necessary to purchase and install a water
deflector. This deflector hangs between the lower edge
of the evaporator and the cutter grid. It keeps the water
flowing over the evaporator from spilling into the storage
bin area. Order the necessary parts from your local ice