1. To navigate to a folder, tap the folder you want.
2. To search the folder you're currently in, tap
3. To change how the files or folders are arranged, tap
4. To quickly jump to a previous folder, tap the folder you want on the file path at the top of the
Create a new folder
, write a name, and tap
Move or copy files to another folder
Tap and hold the file you want, and select what you want to do with it.
Folders can't be copied or moved, but you can create a new folder to the new location, and move the
contents of the old folder there. To move or copy several files at once, tap
want, and tap
to move or
Share files or folders
, select what you want to share, tap
Copy content between your phone and computer
Copy photos, videos, and other content created by you between your phone and computer.
Tip: If your computer is a Mac, install the Windows Phone app from the Mac App Store.
If you want to transfer your photos to a Mac, it is recommended that you use the Lumia Photo
Transfer for Mac app, which you can download from www.microsoft.com/mobile.
1. Connect your phone to a compatible computer with a compatible USB cable.
2. On your computer, open a file manager, such as Windows Explorer or Finder, and browse to your
Tip: Your phone is shown under portable devices as Windows Phone. To see the folders of your
phone, double-click the name of the phone. There are separate folders for documents,
downloads, music, pictures, ringtones, and videos.
3. Drag and drop items from your phone to the computer, or from your computer to the phone.
Make sure you put the files in the right folders on your phone, or you may not be able to see them.
You can't copy text messages or contacts to your computer, but you can sync them with your
Tip: If your computer's operating system is Windows 7, Windows 8, or later, you can also use
the Windows Phone app. Windows 8 and later operating systems install the app automatically
when you connect your phone to your computer. With Windows 7, you can download it from
For info on which app works with which computer, see the following table:
© 2015 Microsoft Mobile. All rights reserved.
to copy them.
, and select how you want to share.
, select the files you