1. Position AC and DC cords away from hood, door, or moving engine parts.
2. Stay clear of fan blades, belts, pulleys, and other parts that can cause injury to persons.
3. Check polarity of battery posts. POSITIVE (POS, P, +) battery post usually has larger diameter than NEGATIVE (NEG, N, –)
4. Determine which post of battery is grounded (connected) to the chassis. If negative post is grounded to chassis (as
in most vehicles), see 5. If positive post is grounded to the chassis, see 6.
5. For negative-grounded vehicle, connect POSITIVE (RED) clamp from battery charger to POSITIVE (POS, P, +)
ungrounded post of battery. Connect NEGATIVE (BLACK) clamp to vehicle chassis or engine block away from battery. Do
not connect clip to carburetor, fuel lines, or sheet-metal body parts. Connect to heavy gauge metal part of the frame or
6. For positive-grounded vehicle, connect NEGATIVE (BLACK) clamp from battery charger to NEGATIVE (NEG, N, –)
ungrounded post of battery. Connect POSITIVE (RED) clamp to vehicle chassis or engine block away from battery. Do not
connect clip to carburetor, fuel lines or sheet-metal body parts. Connect to a heavy gauge metal part of the frame or engine
7. When disconnecting charger, disconnect AC cord, remove clamp from vehicle chassis, and then remove clamp from
8. Do not charge the battery while the engine is operating.
9. See operating instructions for length of charge information.
Follow these steps when the battery has been removed from a vehicle. A spark near the battery may cause an explosion.
W W A A R R N N I I N N G G : : T T O O R R E E D D U U C C E E R R I I S S K K O O F F A A S S P P A A R R K K N N E E A A R R T T H H E E B B A A T T T T E E R R Y Y : :
1. Check polarity of battery posts. Positive post (marked POS,P, +) usually has a larger diameter than the Negative
battery post (marked NEG, N, –).
2. Attach a 24-inch (minimum length) 6 AWG insulated battery cable to the Negative battery post (marked NEG, N, –).
3. Connect the Positive (RED) battery clamp to the Positive battery post (marked POS, P, + or red).
4. Stand as far back from the battery as possible, and do not face battery when making final connection.
5. Carefully connect the NEGATIVE (BLACK) charger clamp to the free end of the battery cable connected to the negative
6. Set the charge rate to appropriate setting according to battery size.
7. When disconnecting charger, always do so in reverse sequence of connecting procedure and break first connection
while as far away from battery as practical.
N N o o t t e e : : A marine (boat) battery must be removed and charged on shore. To charge it on board requires equipment
specially designed for marine use. This unit is NOT designed for such use.
• Check unit periodically for wear and tear. Take to a qualified technician for replacement of worn or defective parts
• Read This Instruction Manual Before Using This Unit.
W W A A R R N N I I N N G G : : T T O O R R E E D D U U C C E E T T H H E E R R I I S S K K O O F F I I N N J J U U R R Y Y : :
• Follow these instructions and those published by the battery manufacturer and manufacturer of any equipment you intend to
use with this unit. Review cautionary markings on these products and on engine.
Thank you for selecting the B B l l a a c c k k & & D D e e c c k k e e r r
years of dependable service. This battery charger has a high charge rate of up to 10 amps, and low charge rate of up to
Battery Chargers feature 3-stage, high-efficiency charging technology, built-in microprocessor control that
ensures fast, safe and complete charging of serviceable batteries.
S S t t a a g g e e O O n n e e — — Rapid Start Charge at 10 amps delivers maximum charging amperage to "wake up" any serviceable 12
volt battery and allows for quick engine starting. When battery reaches a maximum safe predetermined voltage, the
charger will automatically signal a "beep" and move into Stage 2 of the charging process.
S S A A V V E E T T H H E E S S E E I I N N S S T T R R U U C C T T I I O O N N S S
1 1 0 0 A A m m p p S S m m a a r r t t
B B a a t t t t e e r r y y C C h h a a r r g g e e r r . . With proper care and use, it will give you