D D A A N N G G E E R R : : Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
W W A A R R N N I I N N G G : : Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
C C A A U U T T I I O O N N : : Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
C C A A U U T T I I O O N N : : Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in property
R R I I S S K K O O F F U U N N S S A A F F E E O O P P E E R R A A T T I I O O N N . . When using tools or equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the
risk of personal injury. Improper operation, maintenance or modification of tools or equipment could result in serious injury and
property damage. There are certain applications for which tools and equipment are designed. Black & Decker strongly
recommends that this product NOT be modified and/or used for any application other than for which it was designed. Read and
understand all warnings and operating instructions before using any tool or equipment.
W W A A R R N N I I N N G G : : B B U U R R S S T T H H A A Z Z A A R R D D : : Do not use the unit for charging dry-cell batteries that are commonly used with home
appliances. These batteries may burst and cause injury to persons and damage property. Use the unit for charging/boosting a
LEAD-ACID battery only. It is not intended to supply power to a low-voltage electrical system other than in a starter-motor
W W A A R R N N I I N N G G : : S S H H O O C C K K H H A A Z Z A A R R D D : :
• If an extension cord is used, make sure that:
a) the pins of extension cord are the same number, size and shape as those in the charger,
b) the extension cord is properly wired and in good electrical condition,
c) the wire size is large enough for the AC rating of the charger.
• Do not operate unit with damaged cord or plug; or if the unit has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or otherwise
damaged in any way. Do not disassemble the unit; take it to a qualified service technician when service or repair is
required. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire, and will void warranty.
• Use of an attachment not supplied, recommended or sold by manufacturer specifically for use with this unit may
result in a risk of electrical shock and injury to persons.
• NEVER submerge this unit in water; do not expose it to rain, snow or use when wet.
• To reduce risk of electric shock, disconnect the unit from any power source before attempting maintenance or
cleaning. Turning off controls without disconnecting will not reduce this risk.
W W A A R R N N I I N N G G : : R R I I S S K K O O F F E E X X P P L L O O S S I I V V E E G G A A S S E E S S
• Working in the vicinity of a lead acid battery is dangerous. Batteries generate explosive gases during normal battery
operation. For this reason, it is of the utmost importance that each time before using the charger you read this manual
and follow instructions exactly.
• To reduce the risk of battery explosion, follow these instructions and those published by the battery manufacturer
and manufacturer of any equipment you intend to use in the vicinity of the battery. Review cautionary markings on
these products and on the engine.
• This equipment employs parts (switches, relays, etc.) that produce arcs or sparks. Therefore, if used in a garage or
enclosed area, the unit MUST be placed not less than 18 inches above the floor.
• THIS UNIT IS NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN AND SHOULD ONLY BE OPERATED BY ADULTS.
Minimum Gage for Cord Sets
SAFETY GUIDELINES / DEFINITIONS
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Total Length of Cord in Feet
American Wire Gage