RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION. When using tools or equipment, basic safety precautions should always be
followed to reduce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation, maintenance or modification of tools or
equipment could result in serious injury and property damage. There are certain applications for which tools
and equipment are designed. Black & Decker strongly recommends that this product NOT be modified and/or
used for any application other than for which it was designed. Read and understand all warnings and operating
instructions before using any tool or equipment.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
• Do not connect to AC distribution wiring.
• Do not make any electrical connections or disconnections in areas designated as IGNITION PROTECTED.
This includes DC cigarette lighter type plug connection. This unit is NOT approved for ignition protected areas.
• NEVER immerse the unit in water or any other liquid, or use when wet.
• Do not insert foreign objects into the AC outlet or the USB outlet.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE:
• Do not operate near flammable materials, fumes or gases.
• DO NOT expose to extreme heat or flames.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• Remove appliance plug from outlet before working on the appliance.
• DO NOT attempt to connect or set up the unit or its components while operating your vehicle. Not paying
attention to the road may result in a serious accident.
• Always use the inverter where there is adequate ventilation. Do not block ventilation slots.
• ALWAYS turn the inverter OFF by disconnecting it from the DC accessory outlet when not in use.
• Make sure the nominal powering voltage is 12 volts DC, center connection positive (+).
• When using this unit in a vehicle, check the vehicle owner's manual for maximum power rating and
recommended output. It may be necessary to change the vehicle accessory outlet's in-line fuse to a higher
rating. Do not install in engine compartment — install in a well ventilated area.
• Do not use with positive ground electrical systems*. Reverse polarity connection will result in a blown fuse
and may cause permanent damage to the inverter and will void warranty.
*The majority of modern automobiles, RVs and trucks are negative ground.
• Keep in mind that this inverter will not operate high wattage appliances or equipment that produce heat, such
as hair dryers, microwave ovens and toasters.
• Do not open the inverter — there are no user-serviceable parts inside.
• Do not use this inverter with medical devices. It is not tested for medical applications.
• Keep away from children. This is not a toy!
• Install and operate unit only as described in this Instruction Manual.
• Do not use this inverter on a watercraft. It is not qualified for marine applications.
• Check unit periodically for wear and tear. Take to a qualified technician for replacement of worn or defective
• Read And Understand This Instruction Manual Before Using This Unit.
THIS MANUAL CONTAINS IMPORTANT SAFETY AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 750 WATT POWER
INVERTER MODEL BDI750.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY:
• Follow these instructions and those published by battery manfacturer and the manufacturer of any equipment
you intend to use with this unit. Review cautionary markings on these products and on engine.
Thank you for purchasing the BDI750 750 watt Power Inverter with USB Charging Port. This inverter can be
used to operate personal electronics such as: laptop computers, digital/video cameras, MP3 players, cell
phones, PDAs, and more. It can also be used to recharge AC devices that have an appropriate recharging
adapter with a local standard plug. Please read this Instruction Manual carefully before use to ensure optimum
performance and to avoid damage to this product.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS