GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL APPLIANCES
WARNING: Read all instructions before operating product. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may
result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTS Don't use appliances in damp or wet locations. Don't use appliances in the rain.
• KEEP CHILDREN AWAY. All visitors should be kept at a distance from work area.
• STORE IDLE APPLIANCES INDOORS. When not in use, appliances should be stored indoors in dry, and high or
locked-up place – out of reach of children.
• DON'T FORCE APPLIANCE. It will do the job better and with less likelihood of a risk of injury at the rate for
which it was designed.
• USE RIGHT APPLIANCE. Do not use the appliance for any job except that for which it is intended.
• DRESS PROPERLY. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. They can be caught in moving parts. Rubber gloves
and substantial, non-skid footwear are recommended when working outdoors. Wear protective hair covering to
contain long hair.
• USE SAFETY GLASSES AND OTHER SAFETY EQUIPMENT. Use safety goggles or safety glasses with side
shields, complying with applicable safety standards and, when needed, a face shield. Also use face or dust mask
if operation is dusty. This applies to all persons in the work area. Also use a hard hat, hearing protection, gloves,
safety shoes and dust collection systems when specified or required. Safety glasses or the like are available at
extra cost at your local dealer or Black & Decker Service Center.
• DON'T ABUSE CORD. Never carry appliance by cord or yank it to disconnect from receptacle. Keep cord from
heat, oil, and sharp edges.
• DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DISCONNECT APPLIANCES. Disconnect the appliance from the power supply when not in use, before servicing,
and when changing accessories such as blades and the like.
• AVOID UNINTENTIONAL STARTING. Don't carry plugged-in appliance with finger on switch. Be sure switch is off
when plugging in.
• PROPER COOLING is essential when operating the inverter. Do not place the unit near the vehicle's heat vent
or in direct sunlight.
• ELECTRICAL FAULT CIRCUIT INTERRUPTOR protection should be provided on the circuits or outlets to be used.
Receptacles are available having built in electrical fault circuit interruptor protection and may be used for this
measure of safety.
• USE OF ACCESSORIES AND ATTACHMENTS. The use of any accessory or
attachment not recommended for use with this appliance could be hazardous. Note: Refer to the accessory
section of this manual for further details.
• STAY ALERT. Watch what you are doing. Use common sense. Do not operate tool when you are tired.
• CHECK DAMAGED PARTS. Before further use of the tool, a guard or other part that is damaged should be
carefully checked to determine that it will operate properly and perform its intended function. Check for
alignment of moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, mounting, and any other conditions that
may affect its operation. A guard or other part that is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced by an
authorized service center unless otherwise indicated elsewhere in this instruction manual. Have defective
switches replaced by authorized service center. Do not use tool if switch does not turn it on and off.
• DO NOT OPERATE portable electric tools near flammable liquids or in gaseous or explosive atmospheres. Motors
in these tools normally spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
• OUTDOOR USE EXTENSION CORDS. When tool is used outdoors, use only extension cords intended for use
outdoors and so marked.
• EXTENSION CORDS. Make sure your extension cord is in good condition. When using an extension cord, be
sure to use one heavy enough to carry the current your product will draw. An undersized cord will cause a
drop in line voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating.
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
may result in property damage.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
SAFETY GUIDELINES / DEFINITIONS