Alignment and Adjustment
2-2 Tape Transport System Adjustment
When parts are replaced, perform the required
adjustments by referring to procedures for the tape
transport system. If there are any changes to the tape
path, first run a T-120 tape and make sure excessive
tape wrinkle does not occur at the tape guides.
1) If tape wrinkle is observed at the guide roller S, T,
turn the guide roller S, T until wrinkle disappears.
2) If the tape wrinkle is still observed at the tape
guide, perform the tilt adjustment of the ACE head.
(See page 5-3 of the Service Manual for Test Point
2-2-1 ACE Head Assembly Adjustment
2-2-1(a) ACE HEAD HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT
1) Run the alignment tape (Color bar) in the playback
2) Observe surface of the audio head using a dental
3) Turn screw (C) clockwise or counterclockwise until
the gap of lower tape edge and the lower edge of
the control head is about 0.25mm.
(Refer to Fig. 2-3 and 2-4)
Fig. 2-3 Location of ACE Head Adjustment Screw
Fig. 2-4 ACE Head Height Adjustment
2-2-1(b) ACE HEAD TILT ADJUSTMENT
1) Playback a blank tape and observe the position of
2) Confirm that there is no curl or wrinkle at the
3) If a curl or wrinkle of the tape occurs, slightly
4) Reconfirm the ACE head height.
2-2-1(c) AUDIO AZIMUTH ADJUSTMENT
1) Load alignment tape (Mono scope) and playback
2) Connect channel-1 scope probe to audio output
3) Adjust screw (B) to achieve maximum audio level.
2-2-1(d) ACE HEAD POSITION (X-POINT)
1) See page 5-1 of the Service Manual for ACE Head
0 ~ 0 .25 mm
the tape at the lower flange of tape guide.
lower flange of tape guide as shown in Fig. 2-5 (B).
turn the screw (A) tilt adjust on the ACE head assÕy.
Fig. 2-5 Tape Guide Check
the NTSC : 7KHz (PAL : 6KHz) signal.
(See Fig. 2-3)
position (X-Point) adjustment.