. A.C. GENERATOR/STARTER CLUTCH
• All servicing operations and inspections in this section can be made with the engine installed.
• Drain the coolant before removing the right crankcase cover.
• Be careful not to drain the coolant when the engine temperature is high. (Perform this operation
when the engine is cold.)
• Drain the coolant into a clean container.
• Drain the engine oil into a clean container before removing the right crankcase cover.
• When the right crankcase cover is installed, fill with the recommended engine oil and coolant.
Then, bleed air from the water jacket.
• Refer to page 18-4 for A.C. generator inspection.
Engine oil: SAE15W/40#
Oil capacity at change: 0.9 liter
Coolant: distilled water + coolant concentrate
Coolant capacity: 1400±20cc
Starter driven gear I.D.
Starter driven gear O.D.
Flywheel nut : 53.9 63.7N-m
Refer to page 1-27 for A.C. generator troubleshooting.
Starter motor rotates but engine does not start
• Faulty starter clutch
• Starter motor rotates reversely
• Weak battery
GRAND DINK 250
Service Limit (mm)