4. Select a Bluetooth device, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
• For Window 8.1:
1. Go to the desktop, and then right-click the data that you want to send.
2. Select Send To ➙ Bluetooth Devices.
3. Select a Bluetooth device, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
For more information, refer to the Windows help information system and the Bluetooth help information
Using an external display
You can use an external display such as a projector or a monitor to give presentations or to expand your
workspace. This topic introduces how to connect an external display, choose display modes, and change
Your computer supports the following video resolution, if the external monitor also supports that resolution.
• Up to 1920 x 1200, with an external display connected to the VGA connector
• Up to 2560 x 1600, with an external display connected to the mini DisplayPort connector
For more information about the external display, refer to the manuals provided with it.
Connecting an external display
You can use either a wired display or a wireless display. The wired display can be connected to the
VGA or mini DisplayPort connector by a cable. The wireless display can be added through the Wi-Di or
• Connecting a wired display
Note: When you connect an external monitor, a video interface cable with a ferrite core is required.
1. Connect the external display to an appropriate video connector on your computer, such as the
VGA connector or mini DisplayPort connector.
2. Connect the external display to an electrical outlet.
3. Turn on the external display.
If your computer cannot detect the external display, right-click on the desktop, then click Screen
resolution ➙ Detect.
• Connecting a wireless display
Note: To use a wireless display, ensure that both your computer and the external display support the
Wi-Di or Miracast feature.
– For Windows 7
Open the Lenovo QuickDisplay program and follow the instructions on the screen. For how to access
the Lenovo QuickDisplay program, see "Lenovo programs" on page 14.
– For Windows 8.1
1. Move your pointer to the top-right or bottom-right corner of the screen to display the charms.
2. Click Devices ➙ Projector ➙ Add a wireless display.
3. Select the desired wireless display and follow the instructions on the screen.
For more information, see the help information systems of the Lenovo QuickDisplay program and the
Windows 8.1 operating system.