extension to make up the total length, be sure each individual extension contains at
least the minimum wire size.
• Do not operate charger with damaged cord or plug — have them replaced immediately.
• Do not operate charger if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or
otherwise damaged in any way. Take it to an authorized service center.
• Do not disassemble charger; take it to an authorized service center when service
or repair is required. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock,
electrocution or fire.
• Disconnect the charger from the outlet before attempting any cleaning. This will
reduce the risk of electric shock. Removing the battery pack will not reduce this risk.
• NeVeR attempt to connect 2 chargers together.
• The charger is designed to operate on standard household electrical power
(120 Volts). Do not attempt to use it on any other voltage.
IMPORTANT SAfeTy INSTRUCTION fOR bATTeRy PACkS
with tool before using the charger.
The battery pack is not fully charged out of the carton. Before using the battery pack and
charger, read the safety instructions below. Then follow charging procedures outlined.
• Do not incinerate the battery pack even if it is severely damaged or is completely
worn out. The battery pack can explode in a fire. Toxic fumes and materials are
created when battery packs are burned.
• Do not charge or use battery in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence
of flammable liquids, gases or dust. Inserting or removing the battery from the
charger may ignite the dust or fumes.
• If battery contents come into contact with the skin, immediately wash area
with mild soap and water. If battery liquid gets into the eye, rinse water over the
open eye for 15 minutes or until irritation ceases. If medical attention is needed, the
battery electrolyte for Lithium-Ion batteries is composed of a mixture of liquid organic
carbonates and lithium salts.
• Contents of opened battery cells may cause respiratory irritation. Provide fresh air.
If symptoms persist, seek medical attention.
• Charge the battery packs only in black & Decker chargers.
• DO NOT splash or immerse in water or other liquids. This may cause premature cell failure.
• Do not store or use the tool and battery pack in locations where the temperature may
reach or exceed 105°f (40˚C) (such as outside sheds or metal buildings in summer).
Never attempt to open the battery pack for any reason. If battery pack case is
cracked or damaged, do not insert into charger. Do not crush, drop or damage battery pack. Do not
use a battery pack or charger that has received a sharp blow, been dropped, run over or damaged
in any way (i.e., pierced with a nail, hit with a hammer, stepped on). Damaged battery packs should
be returned to service center for recycling.
contact exposed battery terminals. For example, do not place battery in aprons, pockets,
tool boxes, product kit boxes, drawers, etc., with loose nails, screws, keys, etc. Transporting
batteries can possibly cause fires if the battery terminals inadvertently come in
contact with conductive materials such as keys, coins, hand tools and the like. The US
Department of Transportation Hazardous Material Regulations (HMR) actually prohibit
transporting batteries in commerce or on airplanes (i.e., packed in suitcases and carry-on
luggage) UNLESS they are properly protected from short circuits. So when transporting
individual batteries, make sure that the battery terminals are protected and well insulated
from materials that could contact them and cause a short circuit. NOTE: Lithium-Ion
batteries should not be put in checked baggage.
1. The best storage place is one that is cool and dry away from direct sunlight and excess heat or cold.
2. Long storage will not harm the battery pack or charger.
black & Decker chargers are designed to charge
black & Decker battery packs in 3.5-4 hours depending on the pack being charged.
1. Plug the charger into an appropriate outlet before inserting the battery pack.
2. Slide the charger onto the battery pack as shown in figure b.
3. The green LED will flash indicating that the battery is being charged.
4. The completion of charge is indicated by the green LED remaining on continuously.
SAVe THeSe INSTRUCTIONS
For safe operation, read this manual and manuals originally supplied
ReAD ALL INSTRUCTIONS
Burn hazard. Battery liquid may be flammable if exposed to spark or flame.
fire hazard. Do not store or carry battery so that metal objects can